Dreams Hotel Miramar | Green Hotel Initiative
Environmental Protection Policy
At Dreams Miramar, we believe that economic growth, the well-being of our society and the environment are completely connected. As part of our society, we have a big responsibility with the environment, and we must cooperate in all possible ways to preserve it.
Our strategy is to guide our guests and employees to protect our environment and conserve our natural resources.
How we help:
- Preserving our natural resources, especially water.
- Improving the internal and external environment of the property.
- Using biodegradable products.
- Providing containers for the collection of cardboard, paper, aluminum and plastic. The containers are available for both, our own use and for other people of the community to dispose of their waste.
- Hiring local employees.
- Promoting the use of public transport and the rent of bicycles to protect the environment.
- We have solar panel to generate electricity.
Together we can transform the environment and with our constant effort, we set a good example for future generations, who will benefit from them.
Green leaders Gold level. Tripadvisor Certification Green Hotel Certification.
Tourism Company of Puerto Rico.
Dreams Hotel Miramar | Green practices:
- The ceilings and the structure are painted with colors with ultra white base to repel ultraviolet rays and thus reduce the energy consumption of air conditioners.
- All air conditioners are inverters.
- Push type water faucets were installed in all the sinks.
- The shower heads have aerators.
- The toilets are efficient, use less than 4.5 liters of water.
- Rainwater is used to water the plants, wash common areas and fill the toilets.
- Liquid soap dispensers are used, to avoid the soap waste.
- All detergents are biodegradable.
- The sheets are purchased from a thin material to facilitate drying.
- We efficiently dispose, batteries, paint and electronic devices.
- We suggest our guests to help us with recycling and waste segregation.
- We communicate our guests the importance of conservation and the environmental protection.
- We ask our guests suggestions about the ecological practices and new ideas to protect the environment.